You can minimize your risk of falling on the ice. The Penguin walk helps remind us how to walk on ice.
- Keeping your weight forward and on your front foot will help with weight distribution.
- Keeping your arms out by your side will help with your balance.
- Consciously walk flat-footed by taking short shuffling steps.
- Wear footwear that provides traction to help prevent slipping.
- When stepping out from a curb, step down, not out.
- Keep your knees slightly bent to give more stability.
- Walk on snow or grass if possible to avoid icy conditions and area.
Try the Penguin walk today!
With proper preparations and planning in place, you and your loved ones can make the best of the winter season. Be sure to visit our TIPS FOR A SAFE WINTER SEASON. Preparation is key and these tips will get you winter ready to enjoy quality time and create memories with your loved one.